Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The GT Lives!

Tonight I attended a bicycle maintenance class put on by the outdoor recreation program at Iowa State. The class was definitely worth it. For two hours, we talked about bikes and worked on our own. I already knew most of the topics we covered, and every adjustment talked about in the class I had already done to one of my bikes at some point, but it was good to learn a few new techniques.

We were told to bring our bikes to work on in the class. I brought the old mountain bike, a GT hardtail. My GT now works better than ever. I adjusted the derailleur so it shifts perfectly. I even did a little bit of truing of the rear wheel and some general cleaning.

I can now adjust a rear derailleur in about 1/3 the time it took me before, and with better results. Not bad, considering the class only cost $3.00!

No comments: